In Singapore, you need a corporate secretary to ensure all relevant statutory obligations of the company are met.
Still undecided on which business structure to register for?
Each has its pros and cons.
There are so many
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Limited Partnership (LP)
- Private Limited (Pte Ltd)
- Limited (Ltd)
Save yourself the headache. Talk to us.
Corporate Secretarial Services
Once your company is incorporated, a corporate secretary has 4 key duties:
- Maintain and update statutory registers of your company,
- Prepare resolutions and ensure timely lodgment of all returns,
- Provide administrative support to attend and prepare minutes of meetings,
- Ensure your company are in proper compliance with any statutory requirements and provisions.
Many business owners have been penalized with heavy fines for noncompliance. Most of the time, this is because of innocent mistakes. Perhaps they just did not seek the right help.
A qualified company secretary ensures total compliance at all times.
Preparing annual return for filing with ACRA
Preparing for the company’s annual general meeting
Preparing board resolutions and minutes of directors’ and shareholders’ meetings
Preparing minutes / resolutions and lodging relevant returns with ACRA where necessary
Maintaining and updating statutory records of the company
- Register of Members
- Register of Company Charges
- Register of Directors, Secretaries, CEOs and Auditors
- Register of Nominee Directors
- Register of Directors’ Interests in Shares and Debentures
- Register of Controllers
- Register of Debenture Holders
- Minutes books of the proceedings of general and board meetings
Filing with Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (“ACRA”)
- Filing notices of appointment, removal, and resignation of directors, CEOs, company secretary or auditors
- Filing annual return
- Filing changes in company’s name
- Filing changes in share capital
You May Think
“Why not hire a freelancer ? It is cheaper. After all, it is only a name in my ACRA.”
Truth is, freelancers usually have a full-time job elsewhere. Being your company secretary demands responsibility, time and commitment.
Will this person pay full attention to law updates and advise you promptly? No.
At any time, you may get a surprise visit for your business records. These important documents need to be accurate and complete.
How We Can Help You
You have our full attention on
– All ACRA affairs –
– Record keeping –
– Shareholder and director meetings –
– Corporate secretarial and admin support –
Let our veterans help you, just like those who have benefitted.